“There is an immeasurable distance between late and too late.”
—Og Mandino (Paul Mark Sutherland http://goalhabits.com/2013/10/12/goal-achievement-quote-oct-12-2013/)
Studio Art 360 – Color Theory – How do colors work? WRAP up NOTECARDS! Let’s Look at the COLOR WHEEL and PAINT!
- 1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- Review with your neighbor the relationships of color on the color wheel What are the PRIMARY Colors, SECONDARY colors, and TERTIARY Colors? WRITE THEM DOWN!
Review with neighbors the relationships of the colors on the color wheel? QUIZ one another on the names, types and relationships of the colors. What were the most CHALLENGING COLORS for you to mix? Which were the easiest to work with?
ASSIGNMENT FOR FRIDAY – Bring in a COUPLE of COLOR ADVERTISEMENT that demonstrates a specific use of COLOR SCHEMES and is of a PRODUCT that YOU FIND IMPORTANT IN YOUR LIFE! Like THIS or THIS
Painting – Color Schemes and the RESOLUTION of the ABSTRACT Compostion
- 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- Does the use of LINE become the DOMINANT element in your artwork or are you seeing other elements as coming to the forefront of the composition?
What color scheme have you begun to think about? Why? how does it DESCRIBE YOUR feelings toward the SIMPLIFICATION of the SPACE / SURROUNDINGS?
AP Studio Art – Level 6 Drawing – Are you UP TO IT?
- 3.1Ad: Reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art or design considering relevant traditional and contemporary criteria as well as personal artistic vision.
- Positive and Negative Space. Line Quality. Shape and Form. Unity. Emphasis. What are the ELEMENTS / PRINCIPLES that you are seeing develop in the work? What are the Conceptual ideas about the use of objects to create an intriguing work?
After 3 days of SOLID work – After seeing a 6 (5) on the AP Rubric and reading about what it takes to “score” that high… what is ONE thing you have learned about yourself / the process / the ideas of making successful work that REVOLVE around DRAWING / 2D Design Criteria?