Click on the image above to follow a STRONG conversation with Teachers, Administrators, and Students about the direction, concerns, solutions, challenges that face everyone in the world of education! Join us on Wednesday nights on Twitter at 8:00CST using the hashtag – #WHSoc20
Studio Art 360 – Paper Mache – Finish your FORMS in cardboard!
- 1.1P: Use multiple approaches to begin creative endeavors.
- As you look BACK on the projects, what might you have done differently on the project – if you could go back and try some of these letters / forms again?
Knowing that this was a new approach to making art – sculpture – what has been the most difficult part of the project?
AP Studio Art: 1 week Magazine Article Assignment, CRITIQUE TODAY – Hang works in the HALLWAY Cork Strip!
- 7.2Ad: Determine the commonalities within a group of artists or visual images attributed to a particular type of art, timeframe, or culture.
- What are the Four parts to a Written Critique. Critiquing the learning of a skill – We will be creating a Departmentally Designed Rubric for your critiques – Not yet though.
What did you take away from the critique today? Write down what you have taken from the crit. ON YOUR PRINTED SELF-CRIT.
Painting: Collage, Critique, Sketch, Research… Sounds like last Friday!
- 6.1Ac: Make, explain, and justify connections between artists or artwork and social, cultural, and political history.
- Looking at the work you have in front you, what are the aspects that you feel TRULY speak about you – socially, culturally, or historically.
What was the most challenging part of the first bit of the painting?
REMEMBER! Create a ONE PAGE PAPER (double spaced, 11 or 12 point Times New Roman, Palatino – Serif-ed type font) that discusses the artists and their works. Use ideas about the work as to what drew you to the work, what styles did you like, what techniques do you appreciate? A small history of the artist and personal reflection. How will you use similar ideas in your work as they did in theirs? Here are the artists to research: Winslow Homer, Charles Demuth, Thomas Eakins, Edward Hopper, Dong Kingman, Reginald Marsh, Charles Sheeler, J.M.W. Turner, Thomas Moran, Georgia O’Keefe, James Whistler, or Andrew Wyeth. PAPER IS DUE ON Friday, September 19, 2014.