“Art is the concrete representation of our most subtle feelings.” – Agnes Martin, Art In America (p.124, 1996)
Follow along with the http://WHSoc20.WordPress.com 30 Day Blog Challenge – Mr. Korb’s Online discussion group.
Studio Art 360 – Critique Sketches, Demo Cardboard Constructions, National Visual Arts Standards
- 2.2P: Explain how traditional and non-traditional materials may impact human health and the environment and demonstrate safe handling of materials, tools, and equipment.
- What can you use from the process we went through YESTERDAY to continue to create a CUBE, CYLINDER, and a PYRAMID?
Do you want to work on ALL of them at the same time or are you going to finish one and then move onto the next? Cube, Cylinder, Pyramid… as well as the letter.
What was the most difficult part of the building today for YOU? How can you use those challenges to develop your skills?
AP Studio Art: 1 week Magazine Article Assignment, 1 week concentration work
- G: 2.2Ad: Demonstrate understanding of the importance of balancing freedom and responsibility in the use of images, materials, tools, and equipment in the creation and circulation of creative work.
- What are you most comfortable with? Pencil, Charcoal, Pastel, or Paint? Why?
What NEW materials have you used today? How are the LARGER ideas of the project coming along? What do you need to be doing tomorrow to make STRONG headway? (1, 3, 5
Painting: Collage, Critique, Sketch, Research…
- G: 2.3Ac: Redesign an object, system, place, or design in response to contemporary issues
- How has the gathering of images HELPED or CHALLENGED you in the creation of a composition visually and / or telling a story – about yourself?
What does your composition say about you? How might others read the images you have gathered and assembled?
Create a ONE PAGE PAPER (double spaced, 11 or 12 point Times New Roman, Palatino – Serif-ed type font) that discusses the artists and their works. Use ideas about the work as to what drew you to the work, what styles did you like, what techniques do you appreciate? A small history of the artist and personal reflection. How will you use similar ideas in your work as they did in theirs? Here are the artists to research: Winslow Homer, Charles Demuth, Thomas Eakins, Edward Hopper, Dong Kingman, Reginald Marsh, Charles Sheeler, J.M.W. Turner, Thomas Moran, Georgia O’Keefe, James Whistler, or Andrew Wyeth. PAPER IS DUE ON MONDAY, September 15, 2014.
- 1st Hour: Tuesday
- 2nd Hour: Friday
- 3rd Hour: Thursday
- 4th Hour: Wednesday
- 6th Hour: Monday