Shirley Temple Black. 1928 – 2014
What is Art? Anges Martin “Art is the concrete representation of our most subtle feelings.” Art In America (p.124, 1996)
Art Foundations: Pattern Design and Continuous Line Contour Drawing
- (5.3) Describe meaning of artwork by analyzing technique of watercolors.
- (3.2) Apply ideas / understanding of watercolors and PATTERN to define who YOU ARE.
What variations of lines are you using? Where do you find it easiest to use the idea of line / contour to represent the face / form? What is the most challenging portion of the face to successfully create? What pattern did you use to design your background for this work? Share with your classmates
Drawing: Computer Lab and CRITIQUE
- (2.1.4) form criticism about Still Life that works to demonstrate one’s understanding of value, composition, observation.
- NETS: Students demonstrate a sound understanding of technology concepts, systems, and operations.
SNACKS on THURSDAY! CRITIQUE SITE HERE! Self –evaluation – What have you taken from the crit. written by your classmate? What do you need to finish up for Wednesday’s critique?
AP Studio Art: What EARTH ART are you working on?
- 3.2 apply subjects, symbols, and ideas in art and use skill to solve visual challenges
- 2.6 create multiple solutions to visual challenges that show understanding in relationships between composition and meaning of artwork
What were the biggest impressions you had from going outside for ideas? What were the most difficult things you felt as you presented your work? Conversation between classmates about the 2 questions for your exam. How does this work relate to your concentration? AP Art: Earth Art / Concentration Work