“Never tell a young person that anything cannot be done. God may have been waiting centuries for someone ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing.” — John Andrew Holmes
Art Foundations: Math and Art – Grids and Ratios
- 3.2 Apply ideas in art and use skill to solve visual challenges.
- 6.1 compare aspects of the visual arts with aspects of other disciplines through Mathematical Ratios and Transferring images / blending colors.
What is the color scheme you are using – label on the bottom of the page. What is the reason you have chosen the image you have chosen? Share image with your classmate and explain the process of measuring and transferring image.
Advanced Drawing: Faces – Let’s begin with the Mouth
- 1.4 Initiate, define, and solve drawing the lips through using .4.1) analysis (.2) synthesis (.3) evaluation
- . Identify the intentions and purposes behind making art.
What was the most challenging way to draw? Why was this most difficult way to go? How OFF were you from the original that you drew from your memory? What is most important about drawing when it comes to observation?
AP Studio Art: “Of Sailors and Whales”
- 2.6 create multiple solutions to visual challenges that show understanding in relationships between composition and meaning of artwork
- 6.1 compare aspects of the visual arts with aspects of other disciplines by being inspired by music and text.
What is your plan for accomplishing this one work in the short time allowed? What was the struggle you had in the past 2 weeks creating 2 works? What struggled? What soared? What will you have to do to adjust your working schedule.