“Power will accomplish much, but perseverance more.” — William Scott Downey
Art Foundations: Last day to Construct your Architecture
- 6.3 use the principles and techniques of art as you might if you were an architect or urban designer.
- 3.1 reflect on how art differs and describe how it relates to history and cultures (how does YOUR building relate to today?)
Frank Gehry On TEAMWORK: Liquid architecture. It’s like jazz – you improvise, you work together, you play off each other, you make something, they make something. And I think it’s a way of – for me, it’s a way of trying to understand the city, and what might happen in the city.
How are the buildings you are creating DIFFERENT than the ones you live in and that exist around you? What is the PURPOSE of the architecture you are designing? What is successful? What needs change?
Advanced Drawing: Out into the Hallways with your LARGE PAPER and OIL PASTELS
- 3.2 apply ideas of perspective and oil pastel techniques use skill to solve visual challenges
What relationships have you been looking at in the drawing ? Tomorrow, what are you doing to cover the space and BE AWARE of the materials you are using? How are you struggling?
AP Studio Art: Adventures and Concentration #3
What is your plan for accomplishing the work in front of you? What was the challenge you had in the past week? What struggled? What soared? What will you have to do to adjust your working schedule? How’s Art and Fear coming along? I am beginning plans on the NEXT book – and this will be even MORE collaborative… Get into the BLOGGING if you haven’t already.
- 1.2 How do your ideas relate to the 1.2.1 materials 1.2.2 techniques 1.2.3 and processes you use?
- 2.6 create multiple solutions to visual challenges that show understanding in relationships between composition and meaning of artwork.
What is the strength of your narrative (adventure) work? What is the strength behind the concentration work and how does it fit into the larger body of work? SHARE with your neighbor of 2 or 3.